Andromeda Advantage Inc. (“Andromeda”) is the construction industry’s premier professional services firm, working alongside organizations and management teams to improve business performance. Its services allow firms to remain agile, change-oriented and effective in a competitive business environment that demands the highest level of customer service. With a full array of services available to the industry, Andromeda is helping clients capitalize on new opportunities and initiatives while managing risk to deliver responsible growth. Its services include:
• Administration & Operations • Corporate Finance & Accounting • Legal, Risk Management & Insurance • Purchasing & Logistics • Marketing, Communications & Public Affairs • Estimating • Human Resources • Information Technology
A critical component of a construction company’s success is the certification of employees, which can improves profitability and risk mitigation. Andromeda Academy of Construction Trades LLC (“Andromeda Academy”) is an organization that took great steps in 2018 to serve this critical function by offering impactful continuing training and education courses, keeping organizations and workforces compliant with OSHA and NYC Department of Buildings rules and regulations. With proper training and certifications, contractors, and subcontractors can minimize fines and accidents, while elevating the level of services they provide. Andromeda Academy offers the following construction safety courses:
• OSHA-30 • 2-HR Silica Awareness Course • 4-HR Supported User • 8-HR Supported Scaffold Installer Refresher • 8-HR Fall Protection (not scheduled) • 32-HR Suspended Supervisor • 8-HR Suspended Supervisor Refresher • 16-HR Suspended Scaffold User • 8-HR Suspended Scaffold User • 32-HR Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover • 40-HR Site Safety Manager • 8-HR Site Safety Manager Refresher • 8-HR Site Safety Coordinator (not scheduled)
As an accredited IACET Provider of Continuing Education and Training and a certified American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standards Developing Organization, Andromeda Academy provides continuing education and training utilizing best-in-class facilities and a faculty of OSHA-accredited instructors for Construction and General Industry. Andromeda Academy is open to providing education to all learners, from entry-level students to experienced professionals.
As the Building Restoration Industry continues to grow, so does the urgency of finding qualified and committed workers to enter the field. In response to this demand, the Andromeda Community Initiative (ACI), a 501(C)3 non-profit workforce development organization, was founded in 2018 to prepare participants for gainful employment. ACI works side-by-side with community organizations and industry partners to provide New Yorkers with free hands-on training and safety education, ongoing professional development resources, and job-placement support. In its first year, ACI successfully graduated 3 classes with a total of 40 students and a job-placement rate of 82% with employers across the industry. ACI’s certified instructors are subject-matter experts that teach participants industry fundamentals, which include:
• Tool Safety
• Supported Scaffold Use
• Suspended Scaffold Use
• Power Tool Safety & Usage
Safety is the number one priority for employers and laborers, on and off job sites. ACI ensures that upon graduation, participants will be certified in the following areas:
• 30-Hour OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Training
• 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User (DOB)
• 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold User (DOB)
• Respirable Crystalline Silica Protection
• Fall Prevention Awareness TrainingAs a true workforce development program, ACI matches capable candidates with trusted employers.
Job-placement resources and support for participants include:
• Interview Preparation
• Resume Building
• Job-Site Field Externships
• Basic Trade-Specific Language Prep (English & Spanish)
• Post-Graduation Support
Andromeda Community initiative (ACI), a 501(C)3 non-profit workforce development organization, was founded in 2018 to prepare participants for gainful employment. ACI works side-by-side with community organizations and industry partners to provide New Yorkers with free hands-on training and safety education, ongoing professional development resources, and job-placement support. in its first year, ACI successfully graduated 3 classes with a total of 40 students and a job-placement rate of 82% with employers across the industry.
ACI partners with citywide organizations and individuals to recruit New Yorkers ready to invest in education and training.
In 2018, ACI partnered with the following organizations for student recruitment: